Getting help at home


Local chemists can help patients and families to understand medicines and common illnesses

GP and Practice Nurse

If patients or families struggle to get through to the surgery they should keep trying! If they can’t get to the GP surgery, a doctor or nurse may be able to talk to them on the phone or visit at home

Call NHS 111

If patients or families are unsure or urgently need advice but it is not a life threatening situation

Emergency department or 999

For critical or life threatening situations

Charities and Volunteers

Can help you at home

Charities and volunteer organisations

Other help

You might also want to contact the adult care department at your local authority or council where you can be assessed for any care needs you might have, or contact disease specific charities who are able to offer you tailored support.